- Agenda for Friends of Tividale Park meeting Tuesday 12th March at 6.30pm
Meeting to be held at The Earl Suite, Biz Hub (Next to the Toby Carvery) Castlemill, Burnt Tree, Dudley, West Midlands, DY4 7UF 6.30pm to 8pm
Welcome and apologies
Visitors and guests
Welcome to Groundwork Katy, Remi and Mary
Matters arising from previous minutes.
New business / outstanding actions
- Public Access Deliberator for Tividale Park
- Cherry Blossom Trees – delivered 28th February
- Sandwell Park Friends Group Forum to meet at Lightwoods House 13th Max + 1 other to represent Friends of Tividale Park.
- Nikki attends Friends forum and community group drop in session
- Use of the BIZ Hub for a winter base – opinions?
Community Centre Specific
It is here!
Groundwork Painting Project – Katy, Romi and Mary
Tesco Bags for Life / Funding
Can we get it operational for 23rd March? What needs to be done so keys are handed over.
Request for path in front of compound fence – too expensive. Move the gate instead.
Date for electrical hook up
Name the community centre
Park Community volunteer activities
Princes Trust 12th and 13th March– cancelled
- Brades Lodge School – to be arranged (meeting postponed till 15th March 1pm)
- Litterwatch – to contact
- Duke of Edinburgh? – to contact
Groundwork Leadership Day – 13th March 10am – Katy / Max
New year new projects
Update on Challenge to all members to get donation from local businesses towards Friends of Tividale Park activities. Work together so not to approach same organisation twice.
- Uniplay to mark children’s games and daily mile marking. Council agreed to fund project
March 23rd Event
Park Walk, History, Bird Box Survey Event with Lets Play on March 23rd from 12pm
Volunteers needed to help man gates and serve tea / coffee, put up gazebo if required. Barrier to be opened from 11.30 to 11.55.
Risk assessment completed by Max. Tables needed, First Aid, at least 4 volunteers. needed
Community / Activity Centre equipment / signs
First event of the year – who can come?
Ideas for future events?
- Have a Field Day picnic on Saturday 6th July
AOB? Exec members and members present.
- Chair – Max
- Deputy Chair – Barbara
- Secretary – Sue
- Treasurer – Sharon
- Child Protection – Megan
Forthcoming Events and dates of next meeting
- Groundwork event 13/03/19
- Brades Lodge School 15/03/2019 – volunteer needed
- Park Event March 23rd
- April Friends of Tividale Park meeting – location and date to be confirmed.
To get in touch email firstname.lastname@example.org
Friends of Tividale Park are members of SCIPS, Black Country and Birmingham Wildlife Trust and work closely with Groundwork UK