Friends of Tividale Park are a residents’ community group who work to improve our local park in various ways, including fund-raising for new equipment, volunteering, and supporting events. Our aim is to get residents actively involved in developing our park with a view of creating a real hive of community activity. For example: #Familyfun
Recent Park Projects and Events Nature/environment and park improvement projects
- We applied for postcode lottery funding to spend on nature/environment projects in the park.
- With these we brought Bird boxes, bat boxes, hedgehog homes, bug boxes, and small amount of planting such as hedge saplings.
- We also worked with The Princes Trust who made some of the bird and bat boxes which are now installed in the park. Princes Trust also did some fence painting in the park
- We planted daffodils bulbs which were donated by the council. Children were invited from Tividale Community Primary school to come along and help.
- We applied for hedgerow saplings from Woodland Trust; 30 saplings were planted by the members near the allotments.
Family Fun Day 2017
2016 saw K9 Search UK form links with the Friends of Tividale Park, who worked together to put on the very first Paws 4 Thought event held in Tividale Park.
Our event on 6th August 2017 featured the amazing HJM Agility team who put on spectacular dog agility displays throughout the day. The kids were entertained with Dudley Zoo animals, bouncy castles and face-
Family Fun Days 2016
- The event featured Fun Dog Show, GKR Karate Tividale Dojo, Bouncy Castles, Face Painting, & Other Attractions, Kayes Fun Fair, Charity & Trade Stallholders.
- The aim of the event was to promote responsible dog ownership.
Family Fun Day 2015
In FOTPs first year there was a park event featuring:
- Stage with live acts from Coneygre Youth Centre, Tipton.
- Dance groups
- Vintage cars
- Fire engine
- A few stalls
- Face painting/small rides.
- The firemen and police played football with local youths which was nice and good for community cohesion.
The show was arranged with the help and support of Sandwell Council.
Friends of Tividale Park helped with a Park Clear up and held a Christmas event with donations from Tesco (selection boxes). The event featured a blow-up grotto and a visit from Santa. The event coincided with unseasonably strong winds ever meaning the grotto had to be held down at times. Lots of fun was had regardless of the gales!